Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

My father and his brother made me a lease to live in their…

My father and his...

My father and his brother made me a lease to live in their parents house(deceased my grandparents)on the condition I remodel it and lkeep the taxes paid my father died in june now his brother is trying to make me move can he do that I have the paper

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Georgia

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No probate the lawyer we( my sister and I went to see said it was all in such a mess it would take years to get it settled

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just can he make me and my son move or harass me and drive me nuts

Answered in 1 minute by:
9/20/2017
RealEstateAnswer

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. How long was the lease for? Does it have something in writing, regarding the time? Did the brother sign this as well as your father?

30 years and yes they both signed it and we had it notarized,my grandparents did pay for all the work over 20,000.00 and now to think 3 years later i'ev got to move its nothing grand a mobile home that's been added on to the reason we did it was because I have major health problems and we were living with my dad, my son (10) wanted to have our own place and the little house was just sitting next door t0 them and it was falling in
my other grandparents paid for the work they live in dallas georgia

Thank you for the reply. The fact that your father passed away, would not result in his brother now breaking the agreement. He signed it and agreed to it and if you complied with it and performed, a condition would be for you to be able to live there, for the term of it, as agreed to by the parties. You would have a defense if he tries to evict you and if something where to happen, you could sue him for damages suffered as well as costs incurred, with the remodel.

thank you so much I was so afraid that because a lawyer did not do the paper it was no good but we 3 did sign it and we did have witnesses and a notary public see it all done and I have and still am doing my part

You are welcome. Please let me know if there is anything else, as I would be happy to respond. If not, please remember to rate my help at this time at the top of this page, prior to leaving, so I can receive the proper credit, for our time together. A 5 STAR rating is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

RealEstateAnswer
RealEstateAnswer
RealEstateAnswer
RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer