Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Can I build on an lake maintenance easement? Florida, In the…

Customer Question
Can I build on...

Can I build on an lake maintenance easement?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

In the process, but nothing has been filed yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Its for construction of a pool

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
9/20/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by JustAnswer. If you have requested a phone call with an attorney, your request will post to other experts that do offer this service. When another attorney accepts your request you will get additional instructions.

.

Unfortunately no, if someone else has an easement on your land, then they have the right to use it for its stated purpose. You can't do anything to the underlying land that the easement is on that would interfere with their rights.

.

The only way you could is if you get permission in writing to do so from the easement owner.

.

.

thanks