Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I have a contract that I signed to purchase a home and the…

Customer Question
I have a contract...

I have a contract that I signed to purchase a home and the time of acceptance by the buyer has expired by 4 days. Am I still obligated by law to purchase home

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Not filed but has been back and forth between realtors buyer and seller

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No am I obligated to purchase

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
9/19/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
RealEstateAnswer

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good evening. If the time for acceptance has passed in a contract, the seller can revoke the offer, at any time. Same goes for the buyer. Moreover, if changes are being made by one party or the other, it would be viewed as both a reject of the offer and a new offer / counter offer. As such, it can be revoked at any time, prior to acceptance. If things are going back and forth and one party does not want to proceed, they can revoke the offer and not have to proceed.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be 5 STARS! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

Real Estate Lawyer: RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer replied 10 months ago

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!