Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  16 years real estate, Realtor. Landlord 26 years
19958803

Need questions answered re: family house in foreclosure in

Need questions answered re: family house in foreclosure in Sedona, AZ. Set for sale 11/6/17. Trying to help grieving widow who can't make decisions right now. Was ready to pay back money to get out of foreclosure-so could sell & recoup our money & help her out. Think we have found a 2nd mortgage-which would make helping impossible. Any way I can confirm that information??
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: Arizona
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: What paperwork
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: what paperwork?

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by JustAnswer. If you have requested a phone call with an attorney, your request will post to other experts that do offer this service. When another attorney accepts your request you will get additional instructions.

.

Are you asking how to confirm what loans are on the property and what any payoff would be?

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 27 days ago.

Ok, then a title search is the best way to find out everything that is on the title to the property. This will disclose all liens, loans, judgments, encumbrances, etc. and let you know how many mortgages there are and what the balances are.

.

Any local title/closing company can run a title search, normally for around $150 or so and have that info to you in a couple days.. A real estate attorney can do it, but they will be slower and charge more...

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
I downloaded a Home disclosure Report and it lists two loans. Found also in the county recorded deeds. they were dated a month apart from each other & for too much money. We only have seen billing for one from Chase for $300,000 home equity line of credit ( balance-$291,104). The other is from a Greenpoint Mortage, which is out of business.
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Transaction described as Finance for the Chase one & Transfer as the Greenpoint one. But the cousin, who passed away, did say there were 2 mortgages.
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Can I do one when I how on ownership? Can I do it in Kansas City or need to call one in Sedona, AZ??

A title search is physically run by someone going down to the vault where the deeds and mortgages are and researching everything that has been filed on the property address.. that includes deed, mortgages, liens, encumbrances, taxes, etc. so it isn't really something you can do online remotely with any degree of accuracy.

.

So wherever the property is located is where you need to contact a local title/closing company if you want the most accurate report to know what you might be getting into...

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
thank you very much!

You are very welcome.. and this will be the best money you ever spent if it shows a lot of problems and keeps you from getting mixed up in a huge problem and potentially losing thousands if not tens of thousands...