Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Bought one condo last summer. Condo I wanted became

Customer Question
Bought one condo last...

Bought one condo last summer. Condo I wanted became available in September 2017. So sold first. Paid two $3500 recreational fees. Now told cannot get back first $3500 fee because I didn't get rec card for 1st address

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

#1 was 10922 w peoria. Now at 10157 w bolivar dr. Never got bylaws for st. #2 bought from seller direct

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No told me too bad. Did call last year and just told I has a year. Nothing about card. Now tell me nothing they can do

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Fee for consultation

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
9/19/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Attyadvisor, Attorney replied 11 months ago
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney

Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.

This was part of a payment you made when you purchased the condo?

"So sold first. Paid two $3500 recreational fees. Now told cannot get back first $3500 fee because I didn't get rec card for 1st address"

You needed to be provided with the governing documents to review before your purchase. Did you buy the property from the builder or a seller?

Are you online with me?