Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Can i do a quick deed on my own. how much does it cost to do…

Customer Question
Can i do a...

Can i do a quick deed on my own.

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

How much does it cost to do a quick deed charlotte nc

Lawyer's Assistant: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Real Estate Lawyer's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require).

Just want to transfer my property to my daughter

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No can i do anything on line?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Can i prepare it myself on line?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
9/19/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. The answer to your question is yes, you can quit claim your own property. You will need to be aware that if you quitclaim the property, your daughter will have to take the property and all its flaws. This means if there is a mortgage on the property, you will still be responsible for paying it, but if you don’t pay it, the mortgage is secured by the deed so they could take the property even if she is the new owner. Regardless, you can go to a place like rocketlawyer.com or legalzoom.com and get a quit claim deed with your state, fill it out, and deliver it to the county recorder’s office.

Also, although I provided an initial answer, it’s important that you are 100% satisfied. If you feel I have done so, please rate me 5 stars and let me know if you have any follow up questions. As a side note, you can also click here in the future to request me individually.