Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I recently purchased a house in Kingman Az and I relied on…

Customer Question
I recently purchased a...

I recently purchased a house in Kingman Az and I relied on the mls listing sheet regarding features. The listing sheet regarding my house states "Motor Home/RV Hookups" there are no hook-ups. I contacted the seller/builder of the house and he said there were no hookups built into the house. I asked him then why did he say there were on the gallery sheet describing the house. His response was that the listing real estate agent prepared the document after he inspected the house and that my problem was with him and not the builder. At this point in what direction should I proceed to get this rectified.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

The builder and the builders electrician and they both say there were never any electrical outlets built in and that the real estate agent has misrepresented the property.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The sewer dump station is a 2" cleanout not the standard 3 or 4" . Most RV's have 3 inch fittings 3" doesnot go into a 2" fitting.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the RV?

Arizona

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/19/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 11 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Actually, the builder is correct, if the agent misrepresented the property in the listing, then the agent is not only liable to you for the damages and costs you incur, but if you file a complaint with the real estate board he can lose his license as well. So you need to contact the agent and make a demand for a cost of adding in what he listed the property had and tell him if he refuses, you will sue for damages plus will file a complaint with the real estate board for disciplinary action based on his misrepresentation of the listing which is against MLS and real estate licensing rules.

If he refuses, then you would need to pursue the agent in court and if it later comes out the buyer misrepresented it to the agent, you can add the buyer into your suit to hold him liable.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.