Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

I moved back to Montana 2 years ago to take care of my Mom.

Customer Question
She lives in a mobile...
I moved back to Montana 2 years ago to take care of my Mom. She lives in a mobile home which is in her & my sisters name, but the land is in her, my sister 's & my name. What do we have to do to get my name on the title of the mobile home? If she ends up having to go into a nursing sometime down the road, will the state be able to come back & take it.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Montana
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: None so far
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Don't think so
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
9/19/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

Placing the land and home in trust better protects it from creditors.

To add you to title to the home can do so by contract. I would recommend placing it in trust with all of you as trustees and children as beneficiaries.

Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding "yes" or "acceptable"
How do we put it into a trust

An estate lawyer can draft a short trust and retitle the assets

martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding "yes" or "acceptable"Awaiting your reply, thank you!
Tina, Lawyer