Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I hired what I believed was a California licensed contractor…

Customer Question
I hired what I...

I hired what I believed was a California licensed contractor to obtain permits for a recreation room in the garage. After building it without ever obtaining permits he asked if he could store his tools in my garage and some of his furniture in the recreation room until I got back from my vacation. When I returned from vacation I learned he had moved his wife , 4 sons and 2 dogs in . He never took out permits and also built a shower which the city of Los Angeles does not allow.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes, I am obtaining permit to try to remove the illegal bathroom, and repair the damage he did to my garage. I did not know he was living there because he and his family were S I king in from the back of the garage by some openings he had cut into the back wall of the garage.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
9/19/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 9 months ago
Roy Hadavi

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed California attorney. I would be happy to provide assistance. Can you please clarify what is your question?
Also, please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.