Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

We have funds in a 1031 account to purchase a piece of

Customer Question
We have funds in...

We have funds in a 1031 account to purchase a piece of property soon. the property is in my name and my wife's. the property is being purchased is in my wifes name thru Auction.com and the seller they represent will not go thru the steps of put me on the deed to make the 1031 accurate. do we have any options?

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

Cincinnati, ohio

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

The deed has been signed by seller and is in a title agencies hands

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
9/19/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 9 months ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by JustAnswer. If you have requested a phone call with an attorney, your request will post to other experts that do offer this service. When another attorney accepts your request you will get additional instructions.

.

Do you know who the title company is that they are using?

.

.

thanks

no thankyou
can you answer my original question
your company is an example of bait and switch

Just a minute please, this isn't an instant process where I spit out an answer like a computer..

Those phone call offers are not generated by me, but rather by the JustAnswer website. I do not participate in the phone call program for the site and limit my interaction with customers only to the website because I like to have time to think about a customer’s question and research it so I can provide the best answer possible.

.

However, if you have requested a phone call with an attorney, your request will post to other experts that do offer this service. When another attorney accepts your request you will get additional instructions.

.

I am more than happy to continue on the website though if you can give me a few minutes to type out a response..

If you know who the title company it, you can just contact them and tell them how you want to take title on the deed. The auction.com site may only consider wife to be the buyer as far as the actual purchase contract is concerned, but they don't care who is eventually listed on the deed as the owner. So if you contact the title company and tell them that you both want to be on the deed as husband and wife as joint tenants, they will draft the deed that way.

.

As an aside, I used to be a closing attorney for 4 different lenders and we would always contact the buyer to ask them how they wanted to take title and how they wanted the Grantee to be listed on the deed..

.

.

thanks