Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

The condo board want approve the building for fha sales or…

Customer Question
The condo board want...

The condo board want approve the building for fha sales or reverse mortgage. What can we do?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state the association is in?

New jersey

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No they want file they are tabling it they do not want FAH

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

What can we do?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
9/18/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

are you asking how to object to this decision? what outcome are you seeking?

i will wait for the answer

what are you asking though?

i will for you answer in writting

I am asking you to clarify the question as I am not clear what you are asking. please rephrase your question, thanks.

I wanted to refi my mortgage for 15 years using FHA to get cash out but the building must be FHA approval. The board members don't to do this and there are units can not be sold to buyers that can get FHA loan due to the building is not Fha approved.they can bay thur FAH.
Is this the info you need?
are the lawyer still working on this?

Yes, so you are asking how to get the board to act?

Board generally have discretion but here no good reason for board not to accomodate. Normally can pursue this in one of several ways:

1. petition by owners

2. a lawyer letter

3. suing the board

4. threat to sue

5. voting the board out and electing new members who support the proposition.

What would be cost of a letter from a lawyer threat to sue the Board.
Approx $500. martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding "yes" or "acceptable"
Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding "yes" or "acceptable"
Awaiting your reply, thank you!
Tina, Lawyer