Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

My home was foreclosed and sold on may 15,2012. I would like…

Customer Question
My home was foreclosed and...
My home was foreclosed and sold on may 15,2012. I would like to know who is the rightful deed owner ? Purchased home via hud officer next door program on dec 5, 2000, refinanced home in 2004, January 19, 2005 received from mortgage lenders network usa original mortgage note and deed of trust paid in full. put papers up for safekeeping then was unable to relocate until 2016. March 24,2006 refinanced with Wilmington finance inc, June 17,2008 Wilmington finance inc announced today that it will cease wholesale mortgage originations effective 6-17-2008. Nov 21 2011 Deed of appointment of substitute trustee is made on nov 21, 2011 among residential credit solutions inc attorney in fact of emc mortgage. This deed of appointment comes three years after Wilmington finance ceased wholesale mortgage operation and five years after the original refinance was done with Wilmington finance. Would this be considered a fraudulent foreclosure since I do possess a deed paid in full ? And are you familiar with the Bill passed by Congress on January 4, 2013 entitled Produce The Note Act Of 2013.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
9/18/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: TJ, Esq., Attorney replied 8 months ago
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to help if I can. Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct any necessary research, and type a response. Thank you.

Hi again.

Q: I would like to know who is the rightful deed owner?

A: you can find out who the current owner is by visiting the land records in your county. The land Records Office will have that information based upon a deed that was filed. You can also find that info online here (though you must create an account): https://mdlandrec.net/main/

Q: Would this be considered a fraudulent foreclosure since I do possess a deed paid in full ?

A: Nothing you wrote sounds like a fraudulent foreclosure. The note holder has the power to foreclose regardless of whether or not they ceased doing various operations. I will also point out that the statute of limitations in Maryland to contest a foreclosure is three years. Accordingly, if more than three years has passed since the Foreclosure, then it's too late even if it was fraudulent.

Q: And are you familiar with the Bill passed by Congress on January 4, 2013 entitled Produce The Note Act Of 2013.

A: That act was never passed. It was introduced into Congress, and then died.

Does that answer your question(s)? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied. Also, please remember to provide a positive rating via the stars (and note that your positive rating is the only way that I'll get credit for helping you, so it is much appreciated!). Thank you. :)

Hello again.  I didn't hear back from you, and you haven't yet rated me, so I'm just checking in to make sure that you don't need more help on this issue.
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney