Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Is anyone in new York city, yes landlord has a decision on…

Customer Question
Is anyone in new...

Is anyone in new York city

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Yes landlord has a decision on motion for ejection in nyc

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

New York city

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The landlord filed suit in NY Supreme for order of ejection. Court granted motion and landlord filed notice of entry on Friday - question is how soon after notice of entry does landlord get eviction is real estate lawyer in New York City - law is very specific and this is a procedural question

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Real Estate Law
9/18/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Maverick, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Maverick
Maverick, Lawyer

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is***** give me a few minutes to review your inquiry. Thank you for your patience.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok do you practice in New York Supreme - because question is procedural and specific to jurisdiction

What does the judgment say about when the tenant is ordered to vacate the premises. The tenant has 30 days to appeal the judgment and can file a bond to stay the eviction; however, the if tenant fails to do that, then the judgment should control as to the date of eviction.

Did this answer your question?

Please Note:

(1) This information is for educational purposes only and it may not reflect current legal developments for your specific jurisdiction. It is not guaranteed to be correct or complete and you should not act or fail to act based on this information alone. This and all other Just Answer disclaimers also apply to any telephone communications we may have.

(2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours.

(3) When we are done, please assign a feedback rating. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
again do you practice in NY Supreme -
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't need general advise - it is a decision on a motion for summary judgment in NY Supreme not housing court that granted a judgment for ejectment - plaintiff filed notice of entry - the question is from the filing of notice of entry how long until an order of eviction is entered - if you don't practice in NY Supreme - tell me because you are just speculating

Thank you for the clarification. I am quite capable of answering your question. However, based on your tome, I will opt out and let another expert try to assist you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am not questioning your competency - I am a lawyer as well - ny supreme is very specific on procedure - if you don't you don't practice there you cant give advice - if you do then you bring value
Real Estate Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer

I am located in NY. has the landlord applied for a warrant of eviction yet?