Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I have a landlord/tenant question. I, being the tenant,

Customer Question
Hello. I have a...

Hello. I have a landlord/tenant question. I, being the tenant, moved out of an apartment and being advised (via the Landlord) that I owe for a small damage. I have left a security deposit, but landlord feels it is not sufficient. Could you advise to what my tenant rights are. She (the landlord) is considering taking me to small claims court.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Yes, Pennsylvania.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

NO.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
9/16/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
RealEstateAnswer

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. How long after you vacated, did the landlord send you notice of their intent to impose a claim? Did they provide you with an itemized list of the damages and the cost to repair?