Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I recently purchased a new unfinished raised ranch. A

Customer Question
I recently purchased a...

I recently purchased a new unfinished raised ranch. A wheelchair ramp will be installed off the rear deck by the contractor I hired to finish the house. Also, I asked if a door with deck and ramp could be installed on the side of the house toward the front giving me two exit point. This was done. The ramp is not within code regulation. It is two feet from the electric meter. (Code is three). The pitch, because of grade, one and half inches. (Code one inch) The contractor wants to temporarily take the ramp off, pass inspection on the deck and after approval put the ramp back.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

CT

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

The building inspector has been there

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
9/16/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
what can I answer for you about the current situation?
If I accept the contractors advice could I have future problems. What other option do I have after investing a considerable amount into this. Should I have him remove the ramp and return funds?
much for free advice...
This site is not free. Did you want an answer still?
I can not afford it
It is $47. If you change your mind let me know.