Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

This is the question about real estate zoning. I am planning…

Customer Question
This is the question...

This is the question about real estate zoning. I am planning to buy property that has zoning - Zone District: G-MU-3 , UO-3. The square foot of the lot is 4,356 . It is located in downtown denver. I am planning to build a multiplex there.Given that zoning can I build a tow row houses as per this picture : http://x.lnimg.com/photo/poster_1920/1e76f86ad9ce48a898b48950394e799d.jpg

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Colorado

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Here is an example layout 4 units on two floors. This example is for 2451 sqft. On my property we have 4356 sq ft.
link to plan: https://formswift.com/free-write/edit-extension.php?documentType=xIOWtzNX8NdffuyjRwye1Q6e4S86T3wu&ses=bf4f48684d60a8055bdb1ca85bf46903&key=41926642&utm_source=fs-edit-link#
The plan file for 2451 sqft is attached.
Attached is the exact plan I am thinking on 4351 sqft. Can this plan be satisfied with the given zoning: Zone District: G-MU-3 , UO-3.
Here is the link on Denver zoning guidelines : https://www.denvergov.org/content/dam/denvergov/Portals/646/documents/Zoning/DZC/Complete_Denver_Zoning_Code.pdf
Answered in 3 days by:
9/19/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Andrew, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Andrew
Andrew, Lawyer

Hello I am a licensed practicing attorney with 20 years’ experience hopefully I can help with your problem. Please give me a moment to review and respond to your question.

What is your main concern here? If you are building row houses looks likes there is a 3 story maximum. Was there something specific to your plans that you are worried about?