Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

We just closed on a home in Waller Texas yesterday. In

Customer Question
We just closed on...

We just closed on a home in Waller Texas yesterday. In looking for HOA information I came across an article that indicates the Houston to Dallas high speed bullet train maybe built a few blocks from the home. Should this have been disclosed and are we able to legally back out of this transaction? Thanks

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state the association is in?

It's in Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

We closed on the home yesterday and it has been funded

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

There was a question posed a couple of years ago, let me attach it.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/15/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Loren, Lawyer

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

I am sorry to hear of your dilemma. I realize how frustrating this is for you and I hope to provide you information which is accurate and useful, even though it may not be the news you were hoping to get.

Unfortunately, unless there was a specific representation in the contract, or the proposed train will be encroaching on the property, there is no legal obligation to disclose this to you.

I am sorry. I wish I could tell you otherwise, but I do not wan you spinning your wheels on this.

Please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

Did you have further questions? Please let me know if I have answered your question satisfactorily.

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service (5 Stars) so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question.

There is no additional charge to you for a 5 star rating of my service.

Thank you!