Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

We were planning to replace a 17 year old roof and had even…

Customer Question
We were planning to...

We were planning to replace a 17 year old roof and had even received bids. Hurricane Irma seriously damaged the roof. Can we ethically file an insurance claim?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
9/15/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 8 months ago
Roy Hadavi

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please give me a moment to formulate a response. Also, please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Real Estate Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 8 months ago

Unless you had anything to do with Hurricane Irma (only joking), there is no issue with filing a claim.

An insurance claim is for damage that was caused due to an event out of your control.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, please ask! There is no additional fee. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service (hopefully Excellent/5 stars!) at the top of the screen. Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating! A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today.

Roy Hadavi
Roy Hadavi
Roy Hadavi