Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I was consigned on my step daughter's apt lease, however,

Customer Question
I was consigned on...

I was consigned on my step daughter's apt lease, however, when she extended lease after first year, I did not consign. Am I responsible for her debts on this lease? (FL) Thank you.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

I've received notices from collection and today an attorney

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/15/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Expert James, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is***** have over 12 years of legal experience.

During this conversation, you might experience some delays while I work with several customers at the same time, or I am preparing a response to you. Please do not click Opt Out expecting a faster response. This results in more delays while waiting for another Expert. I assure you I will help you in due time. Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.

Did she sign a new lease document and provide her own income and credit information?

What did the original lease agreement say about renewing the lease term?

I'm asking her now. thank you.