Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I am currently in houston, texas and I was unlawful served…

Customer Question
I am currently in...

I am currently in houston, texas and I was unlawful served an unlawful detainer. I can't get back right now because of hurricane harvey. is there a way I can get assistance in this matter?

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

They handed the unlawful detainer to my son and they filed a motion for default like I was properly served

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Only that I am not sure if I can get back to california because of the situation with the hurricane

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
9/14/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: P. Simmons, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
P. Simmons, Lawyer

Thanks for the chance to help. I am an attorney with over 12 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. They served you in TX, for a case in CA?