Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I sold my house recently, the closing is in 6 days. on home…

Customer Question
I sold my house recently...
I sold my house recently, the closing is in 6 days. on home inspection the septic tank was found to be broken and leaking.
I found a contractor who asked for 1&1/2 the amount of the bid to be put into an escrow. the buyer want his lawyer to drew the contract and not using the standard one used by the broker. Can I pull out of the sale contract otherwise what are the pitfalls I should be looking for and try to avoid. the repair may involve breaking some of the driveway.
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
9/14/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Attyadvisor, Attorney replied 11 months ago
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney

Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.

Do you have a copy of the contract that was used?

Real Estate Lawyer: Joycelaw, Attorney replied 11 months ago
Joycelaw
Joycelaw, Attorney
Phone call session started

Can you attach the contract? Are you online with me?

Can you attach the contract?

Are you still with me and do you still need assistance? Can you respond?