Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I am in an advanced foreclosure situation. According to Web…

Customer Question
I am in an...

I am in an advanced foreclosure situation. According to Web Civil, as of 8/2,2017 my final appeal was denied and the Judge granted a summery judgement. I need to make some decisions in short order. Can you or someone give me an accurate (I realize not specific) estimate as to how much time will elapse between the granting of the judgement and the scheduling of the sale eg; 6 months-- This is Suffolk County NY

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And has any paperwork been filed?

Suffolk county NY. efiling has been sent, Web Civil shows that the final order is "Pending" and a referee now has the papers on his desk. This was very recent, within a week or two

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Didn't I answer the question, it was e filed. I haven't been notified of any hard copies, and I understand that I was sent a modification offer from the lender, which I can't do

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not so far

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
9/14/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

In NY, the actual sale will occur around 4 months after the court ruling is final, depending on the court's schedule and how busy the docket is. However, notice of sale is published in a general circulation newspaper once a week for at least 4 weeks prior to the sale, so if you check with the local paper to see when they publish the legal notice, you can check that paper every week to see when the notice is published so you will know when the sale is to occur.

.

.

thanks