Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I am looking for help with an HOA lien foreclosure. I have…

Customer Question
Hi I am looking...

Hi I am looking for help with an HOA lien foreclosure. I have been served a court summons claiming I have not been paying my HOA fees. I have and can show proof. The association told their lawyer I was paying a fine, which I never received form them for have a registered service animal. I provided the US Registry documents, which precluded the service animal from any housing poilcy. They deny I provided the documents to their lawyer. The complaint states I am not paying HOA fees, which isn't true. How can I save my home from them? Thank You and Best Regards, ***** *****

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And has any paperwork been filed?

The state of New Jersey. I just received summons yesterday and have 35 days to respond

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No I have not filed any paperwork on my side.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

This is not a mortgage foreclosure. I don't have a mortgage, the property is paid for and I have my HOA fees set up to auto pay

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
9/14/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Attyadvisor, Attorney replied 8 months ago
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney

Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.

Where in New Jersey are you located? Since there is already a lien we need a local Attorney to negotiate the removal of the lien and/or appear in court on your behalf to contest this matter. You may have a counter suit based on the information you provided.

Can you answer my question so I may assist you?

Tina, Lawyer