Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

Tina: I bought a house and needed a contractor to handle the

Customer Question

Tina: I bought a house and needed a contractor to handle the installation of a beam and a take down of the wall. He did minimal demolition but his people who were trying to redo a small shower dragged their heals for over a month and a half. Every day they would call me with more excuses, but only showed up for a couple of hours, period. The plumbing that was attempted and the pouring of the shower pan were not done correctly and I paid my plumber and tile man to tear out and do it right.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I paid the contractor $4,500 down payment. After adding up what said I owed him, it turns out that he owes me $1,262.51. He sent me an e-mail earlier that said he would pay for my plumber to tear out and reinstall the
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: Yes, yesterday I got a certified letter in the mail saying he is filing a lien on this house and I have ten days to respond.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Michael Bradley replied 1 month ago.

what state?