Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I negotiated a commercial lease two years ago. 5yr + 5yr…

Customer Question
I negotiated a commercial...

I negotiated a commercial lease two years ago. 5yr + 5yr option. It was to be a simple uniform commercial lease. Agreed and had simple lease drafted, not signed till his atty review. meanwhile I was told all is ok and for me to start full build out and improvements like floors, walls electric plumbing painting etc. $60k. leasehold improvements. Two months of asking for the signed lease and I get an all new from scratch lease that basically takes away all standard rights held in a commercial le\se, cant sell business or assign lease to a like operation

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

N.c.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Ive been operating and paying lease money for 2.5years expecting to sell business now and recover improvements outlay. The owner is about to sell the property and I have been told we are month to month. I cant sell business without a lease.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
9/14/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. What specific questions did you have? I have an idea about your situation, but I don’t want to make any assumptions. Additionally, Most people believe a phone call is the easiest and most efficient way to handle problems. Accordingly, you will receive an automatic phone call request. If you would like a phone call, please click “Accept” when prompted.

Yes phone call please. 9** *** ****. Thx terry

Ok great. Please note that the phone call is $59 extra. It's a great value, but it is definitely optional. You may be prompted shortly for a call.

no phone call then. I just saw my card was hammered for another 33.00 above the $5.00 quoted for one answer. I didnt agree to multiple random charges. Is this a scam?

Hi, let me assure you it's not a scam. You're charged $5 to post a question and then $31 (usually) for your interaction with me. I'm a licensed attorney who has answered thousands and thousands of questions online. You own't be charged anything in addition unless you sign up for a membership.

far all we have discussed is 3 different fees. I don't mind paying for some legal service but not knowing anything about your next response I would prefer canceling on my free trial for full refund. Please respond that this notice is all that I need to cancel in the end all arbitrary chargers for interacting about fees with you. So am I canceled?

Unfortunately, I'm just a user on the site like you, but you can always contact Just Answer’s Customer Care team by clicking here or calling them at 1-***-***-**** for more information about cancellation.