Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed to practice before state and federal court
97407003

I need to know how to fill out a stay after I got an

Customer Question

I need to know how to fill out a stay after I got an eviction the judge should have granted my continuance cux my lawyer said he couldn't be there on that day but he denied it saying j don't need a lawyer for real estate which is none of his business and j can legally have one
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: In
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: Yes we tryed for a continuance but he denied it do the case is 20 of Sept
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Legal Eagle replied 1 month ago.

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. What you will need to do is file a Motion to Stay the Eviction during the Appeal. You file that in the Lower Court that made the decision. After you do that, you will wait for the judge’s decision. It is possible the judge may call a hearing to hear your side of the story in person, so be prepared. If that doesn’t work, then you may be able to file an appeal

Also, although I provided an initial answer, it’s important that you are 100% satisfied. If you feel I have done so, please rate me 5 stars and let me know if you have any follow up questions. As a side note, you can also click here in the future to request me individually.