How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 57698
Experience:  Experienced lawyer
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a disabled grand niece living in cour de alene in

Customer Question

I have a disabled grand niece living in cour de alene in subsidized housing who has been told that she must vacate her apartment by October 31. She is totally disabled. Her rent has been increased again recently, but yet other tenants seem to be paying less than her. The apartment complex managers say they are going to redo her apartment but don't seem to want to move her to another vacant apartment.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Idaho
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: That I don't know. I do know she did receive an application or form from someone. I live in California and haven't come across anything like this and do want to help by finding out as much info as possible for her.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: She says she gets the runaround from everyone she tries to contact.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 month ago.
Whether she has a lease or not she cannot be compelled to leave absent a court order. Making renovation or other repairs absent an emergency are not grounds for relocating her. She may refuse to vacate or may negotiate to be placed in suitable alternate housing until work is done and she can return. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding "yes" or "acceptable". if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me. Kindly rate me five stars.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Who does she contact in Idaho regarding this--Idaho Housing Authority?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I will call her first and may call you back. Thanks
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 month ago.
Correct! Of course. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding "yes" or "acceptable"
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 month ago.
Awaiting your reply, thank you!