Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I have a disabled grand niece living in cour de alene in…

Customer Question
I have a disabled...

I have a disabled grand niece living in cour de alene in subsidized housing who has been told that she must vacate her apartment by October 31. She is totally disabled. Her rent has been increased again recently, but yet other tenants seem to be paying less than her. The apartment complex managers say they are going to redo her apartment but don't seem to want to move her to another vacant apartment.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Idaho

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

That I don't know. I do know she did receive an application or form from someone. I live in California and haven't come across anything like this and do want to help by finding out as much info as possible for her.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

She says she gets the runaround from everyone she tries to contact.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
9/13/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 9 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Whether she has a lease or not she cannot be compelled to leave absent a court order. Making renovation or other repairs absent an emergency are not grounds for relocating her. She may refuse to vacate or may negotiate to be placed in suitable alternate housing until work is done and she can return. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding "yes" or "acceptable". if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me. Kindly rate me five stars.
Who does she contact in Idaho regarding this--Idaho Housing Authority?
I will call her first and may call you back. Thanks
Correct! Of course. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding "yes" or "acceptable"
Awaiting your reply, thank you!