Gerald-Esquire
Gerald-Esquire, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of experience.
77476456

Someone I know is buying this house. at the last minute they

someone I know is buying this house. at the last minute they came up with the knowledge that they would have to pay the first year ahead of time and the property insurance for a year ahead of time. is this normal? I never heard of this. isn't this usually included in the monthly mortgage payment?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: wisconsin
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: yes, the loan was approved thru VA loan
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: that's the only question I have for the moment

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you for your patience and thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow-up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

Taxes are prorated for the year that you are in (looking backward) and then are included in the escrow portion of the mortgage payment. Insurance is paid up front for the year that you are in and then included also in the escrow portion of the mortgage payment.

So yes you pay up front for the year that you are in and ALSO include a portion for the next year in the mortgage payment.

So what your freind is being told is correct.

The mortgage payment will include going forward the Principle Interest Taxes and insurance.

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow-up questions, feel free to ask.

If you ask a follow-up question and I do not respond immediately, it is because I am temporarily unavailable. I promise to respond as soon as I return. Please note that I am often unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response, PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or, if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you, and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,

Gerald

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it should not be for the whole year , but for what is left in the year, right?

Yes. That is correct. Both are prorated to the next due date.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Answered question as much as I can understand real estate. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
done. thank you

Hello:

Thank you. If you have any further questions please let me know.

Kind regards,

Gerald

(Please do not forget to rate me – click the five stars. It adds nothing additional to your costs, but it helps me greatly. Plus it is good Karma for you. Thank you.)