Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

This question concerns the HOA that fined me $3500 for

Customer Question
This question concerns the...

This question concerns the HOA that fined me $3500 for perimeter wall that I had repaired in July 2016, before the deadline. They waited until April 2017 to send me any notice of $3100 fine and said that I did not contact them. I sold the house and they took $3500 out of escrow account.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state the association is in?

Nevada

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Just the notice + the sale of my home docs. Not sure what you are referring to.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes, is the lawyer located in Las Vegas and is this a free conceltation? Can I make an appointment to see someone?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
9/13/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 8 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

We are not allowed to represent anyone from this site by state law. We are merely allowed to provide information in response to questions a customer may have about their situation. If you are seeking legal representation, you would need to get a local attorney.

Tina, Lawyer