Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Can a Property Owners Association board of directors be

Customer Question
subject to a lawsuit alone...
Can a Property Owners Association board of directors be subject to a lawsuit alone without all the POA members being involved in the lawsuit?
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/13/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: P. Simmons, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
P. Simmons, Lawyer

Thanks for the chance to help. I am an attorney with over 12 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Sorry...what does that mean

"without all the POA members being involved in the lawsuit"

What are you trying to accomplish?

I am NOT interested in bringing a possible law suit against ALL resident POA members. I am only interested in a lawsuit against the POA BOARD MEMBERS if needed. Resident POA members are NOT included in the decision making. I think it would be unfair to resident members to bring a possible lawsuit against them. Thank you.

So you want to sue the board members individually? What is the nature of your suit??