Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed to practice before state and federal court
97407003

In January 2014, I was shot and robbed of 2500.00 cash and a

Customer Question

In January 2014, I was shot and robbed of 2500.00 cash and a gold and diamond bracelet. I never reported this to my home owners insurance even though I had it added. Is it to late to file a claim
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I was shot in Philadelphia pa and robbed. My home owners is in New Jersey
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: The police came to the hospital and question me. And a report was filed
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's about it
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Legal Eagle replied 1 month ago.

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Whether it is too late to file a claim depends entirely on your policy. Some policies may require you to report claims in 30 days or else risk having them waived. Others may allow you to report claims up to five years later, if you have proof. Thus, although I do not want to brush you off to a document, you’ll have to check your homeowner’s insurance policy to find out when the deadlines for claims are.

Also, although I provided an initial answer, it’s important that you are 100% satisfied. If you feel I have done so, please rate me 5 stars and let me know if you have any follow up questions. As a side note, you can also click here in the future to request me individually.