Maverick
Maverick, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years professional experience
16823287

Shoreline is defined as the line of demarcation between the

Customer Question

Shoreline is defined as the line of demarcation between the land and the abutting body of water. One owner owns the land, the other owns the lake. The lake owner is charged with maintaining the shore line. How do you maintain the shore "line" in a case like this?
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: In Cincinnati, Ohio area. Both owners belong to two separate HOA's.
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: Covenants, which for the lake owner, gives responsibility for the shore line maintenance.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can't think of anything right now.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is***** give me a few minutes to review your inquiry. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Maverick replied 1 month ago.

In order to preserve the lake, it is important for the lake owner to maintain the ecology of the shoreline. This is what they are referring to. This link may help you understand better.

Did this answer your question?

Please Note:

(1) This information is for educational purposes only and it may not reflect current legal developments for your specific jurisdiction. It is not guaranteed to be correct or complete and you should not act or fail to act based on this information alone. This and all other Just Answer disclaimers also apply to any telephone communications we may have.

(2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours.

(3) When we are done, please assign a feedback rating. Thank you for using Just Answer.