Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Is it Legal to DENY A City Resident Land OWNER, PROPERTY…

Customer Question
Is it Legal to...

Is it Legal to DENY A City Resident Land OWNER, PROPERTY OWNER Water Rights on their Paid in Full Property in Greenfield Missouri?

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Sherriff was to inspect Property & only drove by & handed a 4 page list of city Ordinances & told us We could attend the Next City Council meeting to share our side of WHY CAN'T WE HAVE WATER TURNED on OUR PROPERTY? ELECTRIC IS TURNED on as of Today 9-12-17

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
9/12/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 9 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If there are code enforcement issues with the property, the city can prevent water from being turned on even if you own the property until those code issues are corrected. So, even if you do own the property and you have rights, the city may enforce their ordinances to make you comply with those ordinances before they allow water service to the property. That is the right government has for public safety administration through their code and ordinance enforcement.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.