Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

We are considering purchasing a property in Texas that has a

Customer Question

We are considering purchasing a property in Texas that has a water well easement agreement with the neighbor. The well is on the property we are looking at. The easement is recorded and states that the grantee is given use of the well and have access for the maintenance and repair of the well and pump equipment. The pump is hooked to grantors electricity and no fee is being paid by grantees for electricity. Nothing is mentioned in easement about electricity. Currently the well is being shared by both properties. My question is are they totally responsible for the maintenance & repar. 2nd question is could we drill our own well and disconnect the existing well pump from our electric meter?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Texas
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: The easement agreement was filed with the Title Company in 2001
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 month ago.
From facts mentioned the neighbor is responsible. You cannot interfere with the easement unless both sides agree otherwise. You can install provided doesn't interfere with the easement. if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding "yes" or "acceptable"

awaiting your reply, thank you.