How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 5436
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My neighbor has obstructed the water drain between our

Customer Question

My neighbor has obstructed the water drain between our houses and created a small dam on the storm water passage. This is backing up water into my yard and into my basement.
I called the storm water inspector and he said that this was illegal but they could not do anything
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Lilburn, Georgia
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: do not know how to do this. I taken photos
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I would like to send a letter to my neighbor explaining that he is creating a potential damage to my property and he will be liable if it happens
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 month ago.

what is your specific question for us? Are you asking if we can send such a letter?