Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

My neighbor has obstructed the water drain between our

Customer Question

My neighbor has obstructed the water drain between our houses and created a small dam on the storm water passage. This is backing up water into my yard and into my basement.
I called the storm water inspector and he said that this was illegal but they could not do anything
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Lilburn, Georgia
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: do not know how to do this. I taken photos
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I would like to send a letter to my neighbor explaining that he is creating a potential damage to my property and he will be liable if it happens
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

what is your specific question for us? Are you asking if we can send such a letter?