Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Using Dot Loop (hate); have signed a contract because I

Customer Question
Using Dot Loop (hate)...

Using Dot Loop (hate); have signed a contract because I thought I was under 'oral commitment'--what happened to hand shakes and changing your mind? Daughter wants to buy; mis-communcation between myself and daughter. Trust is involved.

Lawyer's Assistant: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Delaware

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Paperwork at sellers settlement choice (Tomasetti Law, LLC), but owner has not provided personal information. Daughter wants to purchase--miscommunication between mom and daughter (first purchase). Signed because we were told we were 'orally committed'--no hand shake.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Husband and I divorced in December 2016. My half of property is in a trust. Should have signed as "......Trustee", but no place on Dot Loop.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
9/12/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 11 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I am sorry, I have read your post above, but what is your specific question? Are you asking if you can get out of the contract after you signed the contract?