Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

Using Dot Loop (hate); have signed a contract because I

Customer Question

Using Dot Loop (hate); have signed a contract because I thought I was under 'oral commitment'--what happened to hand shakes and changing your mind? Daughter wants to buy; mis-communcation between myself and daughter. Trust is involved.
JA: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Delaware
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: Paperwork at sellers settlement choice (Tomasetti Law, LLC), but owner has not provided personal information. Daughter wants to purchase--miscommunication between mom and daughter (first purchase). Signed because we were told we were 'orally committed'--no hand shake.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Husband and I divorced in December 2016. My half of property is in a trust. Should have signed as "......Trustee", but no place on Dot Loop.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I am sorry, I have read your post above, but what is your specific question? Are you asking if you can get out of the contract after you signed the contract?