How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leena Kamat Your Own Question
Leena Kamat
Leena Kamat,
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 91
Experience:  Managing Attorney at Kamat Law Corporation
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Leena Kamat is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Have a question the dealers dmv department put wrong

Customer Question

have a question the dealers dmv department put wrong lienholders name on the registration...ive called the dealers dmv department to fix it and they just give me the run around ...want can I do?
JA: Regulations vary from place to place, so can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: in California
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: cost I'm a poor man sorry
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Leena Kamat replied 1 month ago.

Hello! It looks like you would need the provide the lienholder a completed Reg 256 form ( and have them mail it with the certificate of title to:

Department of Motor Vehicles
Vehicle Registration Operations
PO Box 942869
Sacramento, CA###-##-####/p>

More info is at

Please provide a positive rating so I can receive credit for assisting you!

Expert:  Leena Kamat replied 1 month ago.

Please let me know if you need any clarifications, or please provide a positive rating. Thanks!