Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Have a question the dealers dmv department put wrong

Customer Question
Have a question the...

Have a question the dealers dmv department put wrong lienholders name on the registration...ive called the dealers dmv department to fix it and they just give me the run around ...want can I do?

Lawyer's Assistant: Regulations vary from place to place, so can you tell me what state this is in?

In California

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Cost I'm a poor man sorry

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
9/12/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Leena Kamat,
 replied 8 months ago
Leena Kamat

Hello! It looks like you would need the provide the lienholder a completed Reg 256 form (https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/wcm/connect/5a40cbcc-a9a9-4a42-ac43-a8564fa552c0/reg256.pdf?MOD=AJPERES) and have them mail it with the certificate of title to:

Department of Motor Vehicles
Vehicle Registration Operations
PO Box 942869
Sacramento, CA###-##-####/p>

More info is at https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/?1dmy&urile=wcm:path:/dmv_content_en/dmv/pubs/brochures/howto/htvr17

Please provide a positive rating so I can receive credit for assisting you!

Real Estate Lawyer: Leena Kamat,
 replied 8 months ago

Please let me know if you need any clarifications, or please provide a positive rating. Thanks!

Leena Kamat
Leena Kamat
Leena Kamat