Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I need assistance filing a industrial property tax appeal in…

Customer Question
I need assistance filing a...
I need assistance filing a industrial property tax appeal in cook county, Illinois.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Real Estate Law
9/12/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: DamienJD, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
DamienJD
DamienJD, Lawyer

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Please give me a moment to review your question. I may ask some questions to clarify issues.

What kind of assistance do you need?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have a few questions regarding an industrial tax appeal. My client has a warehouse (Class 5-93) in Harvey (Thornton Township) and is seeking to appeal his taxes. The building is technically owner occupied. However, my client structured it as the business (LLC1) being the lessee and the landlord(LLC2) being the lessor. My client owns both entities and LLC 2 collects rent in the amount of $60,000 a year and has approximately $45,000 (including Property Taxes) in expenses on an annual basis.What filings must be completed?Is an appraisal necessary?Are there any incentives that would be beneficial to look into?
Real Estate Lawyer: Attyadvisor, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney

I am a different Attorney and it will be my pleasure to assist you. I am working with you on a similar question.

An appraisal can be very helpful. Let me provide other supporting evidence.

Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter. It would be my pleasure to continue to assist you. If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work from the site I would appreciate it. A positive rating will not impact your ability to obtain a refund. You may not be familiar with how the site works. The Attorneys to not receive credit from the site for their time or with customers unless the customer provides a positive rating. We answer your questions in good faith, hoping for a good faith response regardless of whether the law is in your favor or not. If you were unhappy with my service please let me know that you would prefer to work with another Attorney and I will opt out. Thank you for your consideration.

Do you have any additional questions for me?