Gerald-Esquire
Gerald-Esquire, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of experience.
77476456

Family member eviction. Family member = son & family. same

Customer Question

family member eviction. Family member = son & family. same have no legal right to property. they pay electric water & 1/2 HOA fees now
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state the association is in?
Customer: az
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Gerald-Esquire replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Hello:

Are you seeking to evict your family member or is the HOA pursuing this?

Thank you for your patience and thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow-up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

The answer in Arizona is that if there is no lease with the family members they are considered "Guests" under Arizona Law. Under recent changes to the asrizona laws they have NO rights as tenants and are not entitled to any of the standard protections. As guests they must leave when asked to and if they refuse you can call law enforcement to have them remoed.

Here is the new Arizona Law:

http://www.azleg.gov/legtext/52leg/1r/bills/sb1185h.pdf

As the home owner or as the named tenant you can have them removed.

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow-up questions, feel free to ask.

If you ask a follow-up question and I do not respond immediately, it is because I am temporarily unavailable. I promise to respond as soon as I return. Please note that I am often unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response, PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or, if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you, and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,

Gerald