Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

My father-in-law and his father and my husband have lives on…

Customer Question
My father-in-law and his...

My father-in-law and his father and my husband have lives on a pieces of property in Conecuh Co Al for the last 100 years and last year this man came up and claims this land, however, up until 2014 we had paid the taxes on this property and I do not have the money to hire an attorney.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes he have sold the land to someone else, I have not done anything

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
9/11/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 9 months ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

Whose name is ***** ***** deed to the property?

.

Was the property sold for back taxes?

.

Why did you stop paying taxes on the land and not just sell it?

.

.

thanks