Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I was quit claim deed on a property without my conset. I

Customer Question

Hi I was quit claim deed on a property without my conset. I believe I need to file a quiet title to remove my name
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Illinois
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: No I was going to do it pro se there are citations on the property
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that is it
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for the chance to help. I am an attorney with over 12 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Some context may help...what is going on?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My mother placed me on the deed to an house when I was 18. It was a quit claim deed. I found out recently because the property have citations from the city of Chicago. I obtained a copy of the deed and it does not bear my signature however I believe that quit claim deeds do not have to bear the guarantees signature. I think that I would have to file a quiet title to remove my name to not be held responsible for the home?

Are you on the title currently?