Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I was quit claim deed on a property without my conset. I…

Customer Question
Hi I was quit...

Hi I was quit claim deed on a property without my conset. I believe I need to file a quiet title to remove my name

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Illinois

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No I was going to do it pro se there are citations on the property

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No that is it

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
9/10/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: P. Simmons, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
P. Simmons, Lawyer

Thanks for the chance to help. I am an attorney with over 12 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Some context may help...what is going on?

My mother placed me on the deed to an house when I was 18. It was a quit claim deed. I found out recently because the property have citations from the city of Chicago. I obtained a copy of the deed and it does not bear my signature however I believe that quit claim deeds do not have to bear the guarantees signature. I think that I would have to file a quiet title to remove my name to not be held responsible for the home?

Are you on the title currently?