Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

Our HOA would like to know whether an attorney with HOA

Customer Question
Hello. JA: Hello. How can I...
Hello.
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: Our HOA would like to know whether an attorney with HOA expertise could provide us a feasibility analysis for either dissolving our HOA or overhauling our Declarations, By Laws, etc? We are in Frederick County, VA.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state the association is in?
Customer: Frederick County, Virginia (Winchester)
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: No....we are in the very early stages of pursuing this matter. Currently, we are requesting a special meeting of the BOD so that we can vote on whether to hire an attorney to provide this analysis.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Other than we would like to see if it's a viable option to dissolve the HOA or rather overhaul the Declarations, By Laws, etc.
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
9/10/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Greetings! I am a legal expert on the site and am working on your question. Amending bylaws and rules is a cheaper and easier alfernative than dissolving the hoa. It allows you to keep order and organization while revising the portions you don't agree with as a majority. if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding "yes" or "acceptable"
Real Estate Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 2 months ago

awaiting your reply, thank you.

Tina, Lawyer