Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Our HOA would like to know whether an attorney with HOA

Customer Question
Our HOA would like...

Our HOA would like to know whether an attorney with HOA expertise could provide us a feasibility analysis for either dissolving our HOA or overhauling our Declarations, By Laws, etc? We are in Frederick County, VA.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state the association is in?

Frederick County, Virginia (Winchester)

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No....we are in the very early stages of pursuing this matter. Currently, we are requesting a special meeting of the BOD so that we can vote on whether to hire an attorney to provide this analysis.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Other than we would like to see if it's a viable option to dissolve the HOA or rather overhaul the Declarations, By Laws, etc.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
9/10/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Greetings! I am a legal expert on the site and am working on your question. Amending bylaws and rules is a cheaper and easier alfernative than dissolving the hoa. It allows you to keep order and organization while revising the portions you don't agree with as a majority. if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding "yes" or "acceptable"

awaiting your reply, thank you.