Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Second opinion] PAYING OFF LAND STILL OWE AND HAVE HOMESTEAD…

Customer Question
Second opinion] PAYING OFF LAND...
Second opinion] PAYING OFF LAND STILL OWE AND HAVE HOMESTEAD SOMEWHERE ELSE...CAN A CIVIL LIBEL LAWSUIT PUT A LIEN ON BOTH AND FORECLOSE ON BOTH AND EVICT US OFF THE PROPERTIES
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
9/9/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

If someone sues you and gets a judgment, they can lien any non-homestead properties and foreclose on them to enforce their judgment if there is equity in the property.

.

If it is your homestead, then it is exempt under TX law.

.

.

thanks