Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

My sister's Guardian is planning to take a one-bedroom

Customer Question

My sister's Guardian is planning to take a one-bedroom apartment-from me and my sister through the court. I'm a responsible tenant, and my sister owns half the inheritance.
A Council of jurists is required: is it realistic to evict two people, one of whom is a disabled first group, from their own homes? If so, on what grounds?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 month ago.
On review of your facts, you have a good case. There is no basis to contest your position, which apparently is simply being pursued in bad faith against facts and law. Where there is rent owing or breach a court will not order you to vacate. If guardian is not acting in good faith you can also asking the court to replace the guardian. You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way. martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding "yes" or "acceptable"
Awaiting your reply, thank you!