Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

My sister's Guardian is planning to take a one-bedroom

Customer Question
apartment-from me and my sister...
My sister's Guardian is planning to take a one-bedroom apartment-from me and my sister through the court. I'm a responsible tenant, and my sister owns half the inheritance.
A Council of jurists is required: is it realistic to evict two people, one of whom is a disabled first group, from their own homes? If so, on what grounds?
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
9/9/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
On review of your facts, you have a good case. There is no basis to contest your position, which apparently is simply being pursued in bad faith against facts and law. Where there is rent owing or breach a court will not order you to vacate. If guardian is not acting in good faith you can also asking the court to replace the guardian. You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way. martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding "yes" or "acceptable"
Awaiting your reply, thank you!