Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

A power line pole fell on my house. Comedy. Illinois. The…

Customer Question
Hello. A power line...

Hello. A power line pole fell on my house. Comedy

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Illinois

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No. The pole powers my neighbors house, but is on my property. He is asking I pay for half of the repairs

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

There is minimal damage to my house

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/9/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 9 months ago
Loren, Lawyer
Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, an Illinois licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.
I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.
I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.
This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.
The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.
Who owns the pole? Who installed it? Why did it fall?
Why is your neighbor (or you, for that matter) responsible for the damages?