Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Yeah, The condo that I live in went to a law day as of

Yeah, The condo that...

Yeah, The condo that I live in went to a law day as of 9/14/17 the owner defaulted on this ccondo and left 2 years ago and just 5 months ago passed away.How much time do I have before they sherrf comes here

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

Northbranford ct

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Its been awarded a strictforeclosure by the court an a law day for this coming Thursday 9/14

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just whats next how much time do I have I am they only roommate again owner left and then died

9/9/2017
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

In Connecticut, the eviction is part of the foreclosure action whether it is a foreclosure by sale or strict foreclosure. If the foreclosed homeowners and or occupants do not leave the property after the sale or the Law Day, the foreclosing party can ask the court for an order of ejectment, which allows a state marshal to remove the homeowners and their possessions from the premises. Conn Gen. Stat. §§ 49-26, 49-22.

.

So literally the day after Law Day, the lender can ask for an order of ejectment and have the marshal come and force anyone living there to vacate. Now as a matter of custom, the marshal will post the property at least 24 hours before any forcible eviction to give the occupants a little extra time to move out voluntarily rather than forcibly.

.

If I were to guess, I would expect the lender to move for the order on Monday the 18th and then it would be posted that day and enforced the next day..

.

.

thanks

Barrister, Lawyer
there is no exact time for ejecting me
Joycelaw
Joycelaw, Attorney
Phone call session started