Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

We have land listed in Ohio for sale. I am partial owner

Customer Question

We have land listed in Ohio for sale. I am partial owner with my brother and his wife. All three of our names are ***** ***** deed. My brother recently passed away on June 20, 2017. We had a full price offer on the land in August of 2017.
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: Sorry didn't finish, hit return and moved on. Due to my brothers death, his widow did not need to sell the land. The realtor claims that we will still owe their commission since a full price offer was filed. Is that correct?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I guess we are not sure how to carry on from here, even if we had to sell, doesn't the deed have to be modified. My brother can no longer sign off it obviously. Our we on the hook for the 5% realtor fee?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 month ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry for your loss.

The answer here is going to depend on the specific language of your contract with the realtor. Can you take a picture and upload it?