Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I live in wausau, wi. do i have to let gas co. put in a

Customer Question
I live in wausau...

I live in wausau, wi. do i have to let gas co. put in a smart meter?

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The gas and electric co. put in electric meter with out my ok my ears ring all time when i am in the house

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I live in wausau, wi.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Real Estate Law
9/8/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

You can refuse to allow them to change out the meter and cite medical or health related reasons, but if they insist on doing so, if you refuse then they may decide to terminate service to the property.

.

So if you can get something from a doctor stating that you have some type of sensitivity to the meter and it is causing you distress, then you might be able to prevent them from doing so or to remove it and replace it with a manual one..

.

But the future is where they will eliminate meter readers all together and everything will report wirelessly to the home base... so this may be an eventuality.

.

.

thanks

Hello again,

.

I just wanted to touch base with you and check in.

.

Did you have any further questions I can help with?

.

.

Thanks much