Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

What does non-exclusive easement mean? arkansas, a request…

Customer Question
What does non-exclusive easement...

What does non-exclusive easement mean?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Arkansas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

A request has been

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

It is a private road, the lot in question for easement request has only this way of access and has been using this way for many years and this home is soon to be resold and this was just discovered an easement was not issued when the lot was originally sold.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
9/8/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: ScottyMacESQ, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
ScottyMacESQ
ScottyMacESQ, Lawyer

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

A non-exclusive easement means that you have the right to use it, but you can't stop anyone else from using it as well. That is, the owner of the property can give an easement to others who would want to use it. So multiple homeowners could have an easement and use it, as well as the owner of the property could use that road.

Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable.

Please note that I don't get any credit for the time and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it positively (3 or more stars). Look for the stars on your screen (★★★★★). You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars, but note that the rating is what closes out this question, so it is necessary that you do so.

Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!

Did you have any other questions before you rate this answer?

Are you there? Please note that I am still here, awaiting your response or rating... (please note that rating closes this question out, so if there's nothing else, please rate it so that I can assist other customers that are waiting for answers to their questions).

If you can't see the stars, you may need to scroll up / down / left / or right to see them. This is where you rate so that the question will close out.

I see that you have not responded in some time. Please note that this question is still open until you rate it. I believe that I have answered your question, but if you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable.

If you feel that I have gone above and beyond in this answer (my average answer is about 10 minutes) bonuses are greatly appreciated. Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!

▼ RATING REQUIRED! ▼ Please don't forget to Rate my service positively. It's only after you rate that I am credited.

ScottyMacESQ
ScottyMacESQ
ScottyMacESQ, Lawyer