How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Attyadvisor Your Own Question
Attyadvisor, Attorney
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 7210
Experience:  29 years of experience in General Practice, Real Estate Law and Estate Law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Attyadvisor is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have several people camping on my bare property in Oregon.

Customer Question

I have several people camping on my bare property in Oregon. They also have a camper, a utitlity trailer and a motor cyce there. I have written them a letter to leave and move their stuff but they haven't moved. They have brought more stuff. Can I legally move their stuff? they are living in a tent. What organization do I contact in Springfield Oregon or Lane County to give them stickers on their stuff to move it?
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: No, I don't know where to file?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have not given any permission for them to live there. My mother who also owns the property with me has not told them to leave and may not mind that they are there. I am sure she has not given them permission verbally or otherwise.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 1 month ago.

Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.

Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 1 month ago.

I understand that they do not have a written agreement and that you mom may not have orally agreed to allow them to be on the land. It is unlikely the police will get involved, however, it may be worth the phone call to see if they will assist. Since you already gave them notice to leave that they ignored, you follow the eviction process.

"If the police declare this a civil matter and won't remove the squatter, start the eviction process. Once you serve the eviction notice, you could get lucky, and the squatter might leave. If not, you'll need to file an unlawful detainer lawsuit, which is the formal way to evict."

Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 1 month ago.

No, unfortunately you cannot remove their belongings which I realize is counterintuitive.

Let me provide a link for Attorneys in your area that provide FREE consultations. One moment please.

Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 1 month ago.

Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 1 month ago.
Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter. It would be my pleasure to continue to assist you. If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work from the site I would appreciate it. A positive rating will not impact your ability to obtain a refund. You may not be familiar with how the site works. The Attorneys to not receive credit from the site for their time or with customers unless the customer provides a positive rating. We answer your questions in good faith, hoping for a good faith response regardless of whether the law is in your favor or not. If you were unhappy with my service please let me know that you would prefer to work with another Attorney and I will opt out. Thank you for your consideration.
Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 1 month ago.

Are you online with me?